Also the surrounding
of my empire is very
interesting for my guests
0,6 km distance: Birkenfeld
A beautiful, small district capital with a historical museum, a large shopping center, many interesting shops, its 32 restaurants, cafes, ice-creme-saloons, pubs and a discotheque. An outstanding service for all our guests, who look for silence on one hand, on the other hand look for pleasant changes
In Birkenfeld you’ll find furthermore:
And you can reach everything by foot! Simply, leave the car behind on the campsite!
- Three banks with automatic teller
- A post office with banking facility
- A heated swimming pool
- Four tennis courts (upon request also tennis-instruction)
- A Protestant and a Catholic church
- A museum with big doll-collection
- 2,0 - 5,0 km: Several horse-riding possibilities in
- 2,0 - 5,0 km: river - and pond-fishing
- Subtropical indoor-Swimming pool, 5 km
- swimming pool dayticket
- adults € 8,
- children 4 to 14 years € 5,-
- children under 4 years free
prices without guarantee
- 15 km: 4 very nice Golf courses in the vicinity:
Course Eisen, Course Kirschweiler, Course Baumholder, Course Wendelinuspark St. Wendel, Course Airport Golf Hahn
- 18 km: Forest High Ropes Course Deuselbach
- 5 km: High Ropes Course Umwelt Campus
- 5 km: Archery Umwelt Campus
- 15 km: Windsurfing on a man-made-lake
- 5 - 10 km: Covered horse-wagon-rides
- 12 km Summer-tobaggan-run Peterberg
- 18 km Summer-tobaggan-run Erbeskopf
- 12 km Observatory Peterberg
- 5 km: Trips with motor-planes and gliders
- 14 km: Idar-Oberstein, the city of the minerals and gems, a very interesting gem-museum and the only gem-mine in whole Europe. After prior booking, you can even mine there yourself. Incidentally, there you'll also find the legendary rock-church
- 15 km: Edelsteindorado in Freisen (mineral-mining-fields of vulcanic origin for hobby-miners)
The Deutsche Edelsteinstraße (German gem-route) begins in Rötsweiler, only 10 km away from the campsite. In addition we want to bring to your attention the Deutsche Schiefer - und Burgenstraße (the German slate - and castle-route), witch begins in Hermeskeil.
- Copper-mine in Fischbach
- Slate-mine and fossile-museum in Bundenbach
- Mercury-mine at Bad Münster am Stein
- Coal-mine in the Kusel area
- Architectural open-air-museum in Bad Sobernheim
- A very extensive telephone-museum in Morbach
- The wood-museum in Morbach, interesting for all ages
A beautiful trip leads also to Hermeskeil to the locomotiv-museum and the near by airplane-museum.
The Baumholder old-town-party and the ADAC Ralley Germany (former Hunsrück Ralley) belong to the yearly highlights in this area.
Furthermore, we recommend a trip to the Moselle-valley, with its many castles and splendid vineyards. Of further interest is Luxembourg and France, each only one hours away by car.
If you wish, you can ride a bicycle here. We rent the mountain-bikes to you in case you should not have brought your own. Tour-maps are available in the reception.
Finally, the hiking for example (for example Hunsrück hiking trail, Saar-Hunsrück hiking trail (premium trail) www.fernwege.de), through our untouched, original, beautiful nature, the hiking-maps you can obtain in our reception. Here, you experience the animals in free game-track, here you can find plants, which are no longer elsewhere available. Everywhere you will find plenty of eatable fungis and berries. Some of you would like to collect and search for semi-precious-stones (minerals) in quarries and on the surrounding fields. Not only grown-ups have a lot of fun doing that but also children are enthusiastic stone-collectors. In our reception you’ll find further information, where you can collect and search for stones etc.
In our reception, all brochures are available for the listed subjects/sights. Ask for them upon your arrival, please.
With this assemly of information we intend to stimulate your activities during your Holiday on the campsite. Whether you want it peaceful or active, for each of you we have the right thing to do.
We are sure, you will find something suitable in this great collection.
I look forward to your visit!
Sincerely Countess Theresa of Waldwiesen